List Price: $8.50
Sale Price: Too low to display.
Radical Unschooling is a progressive parenting philosophy, which includes children learning at home. It is different from homeschooling in that children are not forced to follow curriculum lessons and tests. Radical Unschooling philosophy focuses on trust of a child's innate ability to learn without coercion and invites children to explore their passions. The parent's role is to facilitate their interests and curiosity.
Radical Unschooling - the book - focuses also on the evolutionary aspect of parenting and human consciousness. We are parenting and educating our children today to succeed in a joyful, productive life by following their passions, not someone else's agenda.
The main presentations are
- School is only one of many choices for our children in our technologically advanced world.
- Forced learning isn't effective and causes more damage than formerly thought.
- Respecting a child's choice and autonomy is an evolution of understanding and birth right of every human.
- Learning and life are not separate. Learning is pleasurable if it is not forced on us.
- Separating life into subjects isn't necessary or natural.
- Humans learn from all that they do and experience in life, not just what our culture deems ''educational.''
- The main focus of parenting today is obedience and meeting the needs of the parent. This has to change if we want our children to live in a peaceful world.
Moreover, Radical Unschooling is just radical enough to herald a wake up call to our culture because of the truth the philosophy speaks.
No features available.